Last Updated: February 18, 2022
- CONTACT INFORMATION
- GATHERING, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
- SOCIAL MEDIA
- COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
- COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES GENERALLY
- RETENTION, MODIFICATION, OR DELETION OF INFORMATION
- DO-NOT-TRACK POLICY
- CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
UpRecruit may provide additional notices through our Services in addition to these practices or provide you additional choices about how UpRecruit may process your information.
The Children’s Online Privacy Protection Act protects the online privacy of children under 13 years of age. We do not knowingly collect or maintain Personally-Identifying Information from anyone under the age of 13. If you are under 13, do not use or provide any information through the Services or through any of its features, register for the Services, make any purchases through the Services, use any of the interactive or public comment features of the Services, or provide any information about yourself to us, including your name, address, telephone number, email address, or any screen name or user name you may use. If we learn we have collected or received personal information from a child under 13 without verification of parental consent, we will delete that information. If you believe we might have any information from or about a child under 13, please contact us at the contact information in the Contact Information section above.
GATHERING, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF NON-PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
Users of the Services Generally
“Non-Personally-Identifying Information” is information that, without the aid of additional information, cannot be directly associated with a specific person. “Personally-Identifying Information,” by contrast, is information such as a name or email address that, without more, can be directly associated with a specific person. Like most website operators, UpRecruit gathers from users of the Services Non-Personally-Identifying Information of the sort that Web browsers, depending on their settings, may make available. That information includes the user’s Internet Protocol (IP) address, operating system, browser type and the locations of the websites the user views right before arriving at, while navigating and immediately after leaving the Services. Although such information is not Personally-Identifying Information, it may be possible for UpRecruit to determine from an IP address a user’s Internet service provider and the geographic location of the visitor’s point of connectivity as well as other statistical usage data. UpRecruit analyzes Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from users of the Services to help us better understand how the Services are being used. By identifying patterns and trends in usage, UpRecruit is able to better design the Services to improve users’ experiences, both in terms of content and ease of use. UpRecruit may release Non-Personally-Identifying Information gathered from Services users in the aggregate, such as by publishing a report on trends in the usage of the Services.
Certain features of our website and Services may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our website and Service. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
We may gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes IP addresses, browser type, Internet Service Provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We may use this information to analyze trends, administer the Services, track users’ movements around the Services, gather demographic information about Our user base as a whole, and better tailor the Services to users’ needs.
A “Web Beacon” is an object that is embedded in a web page or email that is usually invisible to the user and allows website operators to check whether a user has viewed a particular web page or an email. UpRecruit may use Web Beacons in conjunction with the Services and in emails to count users who have visited particular pages, viewed emails and to deliver co-branded services. Web Beacons are not used to access users’ Personally-Identifying Information. Web Beacons are used to compile aggregated statistics about Service usage. Web Beacons collect only a limited set of information, including a Web Cookie number, time and date of a page or email view and a description of the page or email on which the Web Beacon resides. You may not decline Web Beacons. However, they can be rendered ineffective by declining all Web Cookies or modifying your browser setting to notify you each time a Web Cookie is tendered, permitting you to accept or decline Web Cookies on an individual basis.
We use “Pixel Tags” in the provision of our Services to you. Pixel Tags are tiny graphic images with a unique identifier that are used to track online movements of web users. Pixel Tags are embedded invisibly in Web pages. Pixel Tags also allow us to send e-mail messages in a readable format, and they tell us whether e-mails have been opened to ensure that we are sending only messages that are of interest to our users.
We may use third-party vendors, including Google, who use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimize and serve ads based on your past activity with or on the Services, including Google Analytics for Display Advertising. The information collected may be used to, among other things, analyze and track data, determine the popularity of certain content and better understand online activity. If you do not want any information to be collected and used by Google Analytics, you can install an opt-out in your web browser (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout/) and/or opt out from Google Analytics for Display Advertising or the Google Display Network by using Google’s Ads Settings (www.google.com/settings/ads).
Aggregated and Non-Personally-Identifying Information
We may share aggregated and Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect under any of the above circumstances. We may also share it with third parties and our affiliate companies to develop and deliver targeted advertising on the Services and on websites of third parties. We may combine Non-Personally Identifying Information we collect with additional Non-Personally Identifying Information collected from other sources. We also may share aggregated information with third parties, including advisors, advertisers and investors, for the purpose of conducting general business analysis. For example, we may tell our advertisers the number of visitors and users of the Services and the most popular features or services accessed. This information does not contain any Personally-Identifying Information and may be used to develop website content and services that we hope you and other users will find of interest and to target content and advertising.
Mobile Device Additional Terms
- Mobile Device. If you use a mobile device to access the Services, we may collect device information (such as your mobile device ID, model and manufacturer), operating system, version information and IP address.
- Geo-Location Information. Unless we have received your prior consent, we do not access or track any location-based information from your mobile device at any time while using our Services, except that it may be possible for UpRecruit to determine from an IP address the geographic location of your point of connectivity, in which case we may gather and use such general location data.
- Push Notifications. We may send you push notifications if you choose to receive them, letting you know when someone has sent you a message or for other service-related matters. If you wish to opt-out from receiving these types of communications, you may turn them off in your device’s settings.
COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION
UpRecruit may collect a range of Personally-Identifying Information from and about Service users. Much of the Personally-Identifying Information collected by UpRecruit about users is information provided by users themselves when: (1) registering for our Service; (2) logging in with social network credentials; (3) participating in events or promotions; (4) communicating with us; (5) creating a public profile; (6) signing up to receive newsletters; (7) making a purchase; or (8) otherwise communicate with us or other users through or about the Services. That information may include each user’s name, address, email address and telephone number, and, if you transact business with us, financial information such as your payment method (valid credit card number, type, expiration date or other financial information). We also may request information about your interests and activities, your gender, age, date of birth, username, hometown and other demographic or relevant information as determined by UpRecruit from time to time. Users of the Services are under no obligation to provide us with Personally-Identifying Information of any kind, however, a user’s refusal to do so may prevent the user from using certain Services features.
BY REGISTERING WITH OR USING THE SERVICES, YOU CONSENT TO THE USE AND DISCLOSURE OF YOUR PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION AS DESCRIBED IN THIS “COLLECTION, USE AND DISCLOSURE OF PERSONALLY-IDENTIFYING INFORMATION” SECTION.
Performance of a Contract
Some of the personal information processed by UpRecruit is performed on the basis that it is necessary for the performance of our agreement with you, or in order to take steps at the request of the user prior to entering into such an agreement. An example of this would be where UpRecruit sends an interview request to a candidate from an employer.
Online Postings/Public Profile
We may occasionally use your name, email address, and phone number to send you notifications regarding Service updates with respect to connecting you to potential candidates or employers, and new services offered by UpRecruit or our business partners that we think you may find valuable. We may also send you service-related announcements from time to time through the general operation of the Services. Generally, you may opt out of such emails or SMS notifications at the time of registration or through your account settings, though we reserve the right to send you notices about your account, such as service announcements and administrative messages via email, even if you opt out of all voluntary email notifications.
UpRecruit may collect automated error reports in the case of software malfunction; such error reports may contain some or all of the information in your accounts and may be reviewed to help resolve problems with the Services.
If you participate in a video conference with us, we may record the session and retain records of the session if we notify you that the session is being recorded and allow you the opportunity to opt out.
UpRecruit will disclose Personally-Identifying Information under the following circumstances:
- Marketing Communications. Unless users opt-out from receiving UpRecruit marketing materials upon registration, we may email users or send SMS notifications about products and services that we believe may be of interest. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from UpRecruit via email, you may do so by following the unsubscribe link in the email communications, by going to your account settings (if applicable), or contacting us using the contact information above. If you wish to opt-out of receiving marketing materials from UpRecruit via SMS, you may do so by replying “UNSUBSCRIBE” “STOP” or “CANEL”, by going to your account settings (if applicable), or contacting us using the contact information above.
- Third-Party Service Providers. We may share your Personally-Identifying Information, which may include your name and contact information (including email address and phone number) with our authorized service providers, business partners, and affiliates, whether designated by you or otherwise, that perform certain services on our behalf. These services may include billing services, providing customer service and marketing assistance, performing business and sales analysis, supporting the Services’ functionality and surveys and, other features offered through the Services. We may also share your name, contact information, and credit card information with our authorized service providers who process credit card payments. These service providers may have access to personal information needed to perform their functions but are not permitted to share or use such information for any other purpose.
- General Public. UpRecruit may share information with the general public, such as your name, username,
profile picture, and any User Contributions, or as otherwise necessary to conduct the Services.
- Consent and Purpose. UpRecruit may disclose your information with your consent or to fulfill the purpose for which you provide it. For example, if you give us an email address to use a feature, such as an “email a friend” feature, of our Services, we will transmit the contents of that email and your email address to the recipients.
- Other Users. We may share information about you, your interactions with the Service, User Contributions you post, or other similar information with other users of our Services.
- Public. As an essential element of the Service, most of the Personal Identifiable Information you provide to us when you register or update your profile is displayed on your profile and intended to be shared with other users. Your photos, posts, and other content you post to our website are also meant for public consumption. We may display this content on our website, our Services, and further distribute it to a wider audience through third party sites and services. Once displayed on publicly viewable web pages, that information can be collected and used by others. We cannot control who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information that you voluntarily post, so it is very important that you do not put any sensitive, confidential, or any other information you do not wish to be shared in your posts. Once you have posted information publicly, while you will still be able to edit and delete it on the Service, you will not be able to edit or delete such information cached, collected, and stored elsewhere by others. We may share your information with the general public, such as your name, username, profile picture, and any content you post.
Changing Personally-Identifying Information; Account Termination
COLLECTION AND USE OF INFORMATION BY THIRD PARTIES GENERALLY
We take the security of your Personally-Identifying Information seriously and use reasonable electronic, personnel and physical measures to protect it from loss, theft, alteration or misuse. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted through the Services. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on or in the Services.
We are dedicated to protecting all information related to the Services as is necessary. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our Services, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone. You should change your password immediately if you believe someone has gained unauthorized access to it or your account and notify us. If you lose control of your account, you should notify us immediately.
RETENTION, MODIFICATION, OR DELETION OF INFORMATION
You may change any of your personal information in your account by editing your profile within your account. UpRecruit will retain user personal information for as long as your account is active or as needed to provide you Services. We may retain certain user Personal Identifiable Information indefinitely, unless you delete it or request its deletion, provided that UpRecruit may retain and use your information as necessary to comply with out legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreement before any such deletion. After deletions, some data, such as internal messages and comments to other users will remain. When we delete any information, it will be deleted from the active database, but may remain in our archives.
Most web browsers and some mobile operating systems include a Do-Not-Track ( “DNT” ) feature or setting you can activate to signal your privacy preference not to have data about your online browsing activities monitored and collected. Because there is not yet a common understanding of how to interpret the DNT signal, the Services currently do not respond to DNT browser signals or mechanisms.
CALIFORNIA PRIVACY RIGHTS
Under California Civil Code Section 1798.83, California residents have certain rights and may request certain information regarding our disclosure of personal information. To make such a request, please contact us at the contact information above.
Other residents: You may make a verified request to UpRecruit regarding your personal information. You can make a formal request to delete your Personal Identifiable Information held by UpRecruit through your account or, if you are unable to access your account, via email at the email address provided above.
Right to Know You Information
The Right to Opt-out of the Sale of your Personal Information and Copies
We may use hyperlinks displayed on or used in conjunction with the Services which will redirect you to a social network if you click on the respective link. However, when you click on a social plug-in, such as Facebook’s “Like” button, Twitter’s “tweet” button or the Google+, that particular social network’s plugin will be activated and your browser will directly connect to that provider’s servers. If you do not use these buttons, none of your data will be sent to the respective social network’s plugin provider. For example, if you click on the Facebook’s “Like” button on the Services, Facebook will receive your IP address, the browser version and screen resolution, and the operating system of the device you have used to access the Services. Settings regarding privacy protection can be found on the websites of these social networks and are not within our control.